Form of Employment: Full-time
Starting Date: August 2022
Duration: Until December 2023
Democracy Reporting International (DRI) is a non-partisan, independent, not-for-profit organisation registered in Berlin. DRI promotes political participation of citizens, accountability of state bodies, and the development of democratic institutions worldwide.
DRI is currently recruiting a Project Coordinator for its Country Office in Lebanon.
Under the supervision of the Programme/Project Manager,
- Implements all project activities and outputs, such as events, workshops, trainings, and publications;
- Monitors and reports on the implementation of project activities, updates the project workplan accordingly, and develops internal and donor reporting on relevant projects through writing and researching for narrative reports;
- Monitors and reports on political, social and legal developments relevant to the projects;
- Supports the Project/Programme manager in partner coordination and stakeholder management;
- Travels in the different regions of Lebanon to ensure sound implementation of project activities;
- Develops Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) frameworks and tools, analyses project data, and drafts MEL reports in accordance with DRI’s MEL and donor guidelines and in close coordination with the Project & MEL Officer;
- Actively contributes to, and engages in the review and formulation of MEL and impact reports of all kinds;
- Coordinates with the Procurement focal point on all procurement, ensuring that procedures are follow are submitted on a timely basis to facilitate timely implementation of field activities and adhering to both DRI and donor requirements in meeting the project objectives;
- Ensures gender and diversity mainstreaming in the implementation of all project activities and project monitoring;
- Supports the Programme/Project Manager, when needed, on programme development as well as the design and implementation of project frameworks and grant/proposal writing;
- Supports in reviewing DRI publications and research outputs, including liaising with external experts and consultants;
- Closely coordinates with the Communications Unit in the planning, development, and implementation of digital content, and outreach/advocacy activities;
- Supports in drafting project concept notes and activity concepts to provide detailed planning for each project activity;
- Performs other duties as required.
What we offer
DRI offers you a job with flexible working hours, health insurance, training opportunities and the opportunity to work as part of an international and diverse team. The competitive remuneration for this position is aligned with DRI’s remuneration range for national employees.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your application consisting of: (1)
a compelling motivation letter, (2)
your Curriculum Vitae, and (3)
Publication record or relevant writing samples here
. This position is subject to external funding.
Closing date for applications: 15th July 2022, 11:59 pm local time (Lebanon)
. The position may be filled before the deadline has been reached, so early applications are encouraged.
DRI is committed to diversity and treats everybody equally, independent of gender identity, sex, pregnancy, race, ethnicity, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, age, ability, socio-economic status, political opinion (as long as respectful of democratic principles), or any other status protected by the laws in the locations where we operate.
Organisation responsible for this vacancy: Democracy Reporting International gGmbH
Elbestr. 28 / 29
12045 Berlin, Germany
Democracy Reporting International (DRI) is an international, not-for-profit, non-governmental organisation committed to political participation and democratic governance around the world. DRI headquarters (HQ) is located in Berlin; DRI has country offices in Pakistan, Myanmar, Sri Lanka, Tunisia, Lebanon, and Ukraine and works with local partners in a number of other countries. The working language is English.