Form of Employment: Full-time
Starting Date: As soon as possible
Duration: Until 31 December 2022, with the possibility of extension
Location: Beirut with travels within Lebanon
Democracy Reporting International (DRI) is a non-partisan, independent, not-for-profit organisation registered in Berlin. DRI promotes political participation of citizens, accountability of state bodies, and the development of democratic institutions worldwide.
DRI is currently recruiting a full-time Project Coordinator
for its Country Office in Lebanon. Under the supervision of the Programme Manager
, you will:
- Co-designs and leads the implementation of all project activities, such as events, workshops, trainings, and publications;
- Monitors and reports on the implementation of project activities, updates the project workplan accordingly, and is responsible for internal and donor reporting on relevant projects through writing and researching for weekly and narrative reports;
- Monitors and reports on political, social and legal developments relevant to the projects;
- Coordinates engagement and project delivery with DRI partners and stakeholders;
- Coordinates with the Finance Unit when planning deliverables and signs off on project expenditures not exceeding 500 EUR in accordance with the project budget;
- Travels in the different regions of Lebanon to ensure sound implementation of project activities;
- Develops Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) frameworks and tools, analyses project data and compiles MEL reports in accordance with DRI’s MEL and donor guidelines and in close coordination with the Project & MEL Officer;
- Ensures gender and diversity mainstreaming in the implementation of all project activities and project monitoring;
- Supports the Country Representative on programme development as well as the design and implementation of project frameworks and grant/proposal writing;
- Supports in reviewing DRI publications and research outputs, including liaising with external experts and consultants;
- Supports the Country Representative in outreach activities involving key stakeholders such as donor organisations, civil society partners, public officials, academia and media actors;
- Closely coordinates with the Communications Unit in the development and implementation of outreach and advocacy activities;
- Drafts project concept notes and activity concepts to provide detailed planning for each project activity;
- Performs other duties as required.
What we offer
DRI offers you flexible working hours, travel and health insurance, training options, and the opportunity to work as part of an international and diverse team.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your application, consisting of:
- Cover Letter
- Publication record or relevant writing samples
This position is subject to funding.
Closing date for applications: 10 September 2021
. The position may be filled before the deadline has been reached, so early applications are encouraged.
DRI is committed to diversity and treats everybody equally, independent of gender identity, sex, pregnancy, race, ethnicity, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, age, ability, socio-economic status, political opinion (as long as respectful of democratic principles), or any other status protected by the laws in the locations where we operate.
Organisation responsible for this vacancy:
Democracy Reporting International gGmbH
12045 Berlin, Germany
Democracy Reporting International (DRI) is an international, not-for-profit, non-governmental organisation committed to political participation and democratic governance around the world. DRI headquarters (HQ) is located in Berlin; DRI has country offices in Pakistan, Myanmar, Sri Lanka, Tunisia, Lebanon, and Ukraine and works with local partners in a number of other countries. The working language is English.